[rabbitmq-discuss] Mgmt plug-in on 2.3.0

Paul Pearcy paul.pearcy at wallst.com
Wed Feb 2 23:51:43 GMT 2011

Hello,
  I upgraded to 2.3.0 on CentOS5. Did so by stopping the service, uninstalling 2.2 RPM, and using the new 2.3. Afterwards, I installed the mgmt plugin by placing all of the new .ez files into the plugins directory.

When I start things up, everything looks correct(I think), as shown below, but the mgmt plugin doesn't seem to work. Initially, I could get to the mgmt URL, but only am able to view the header bar and no details show up under the different tabs (maybe this was my browser caching some details?). I rebooted the server to be sure and now I get a page that says:
Contexts available:

 *   /rpc
 *   /rabbitmq_lib

Any ideas where I could have gone wrong? I do see a decent number of errors now in my logs that I don't understand that are probably the true underlying cause, but am just guessing. I can send these details, if needed.

I downgraded back to 2.2 and everything works as expected again (with the caveat that I had to blow away my mnesia db, as there were "future_upgrades_found", which makes sense).

Thanks,
Paul

Here is the startup log:

Activating RabbitMQ plugins ...
*WARNING* Undefined function fdsrv:bind_socket/2
*WARNING* Undefined function fdsrv:start/0
*WARNING* Undefined function fdsrv:stop/0
6 plugins activated:
* amqp_client-2.3.0
* mochiweb-1.3
* rabbit_jsonrpc-2.3.0
* rabbit_jsonrpc_channel-2.3.0
* rabbit_mochiweb-2.3.0
* rfc4627_jsonrpc-0.01

+---+   +---+
|   |   |   |
|   |   |   |
|   |   |   |
|   +---+   +-------+
|                   |
| RabbitMQ  +---+   |
|           |   |   |
|   v2.3.0  +---+   |
|                   |
+-------------------+
AMQP 0-9-1 / 0-9 / 0-8
Copyright (C) 2007-2011 VMware, Inc.
Licensed under the MPL.  See http://www.rabbitmq.com/

node           : rabbit at dm-essearchd101
app descriptor : /usr/lib/rabbitmq/lib/rabbitmq_server-2.3.0/sbin/../ebin/rabbit.app
home dir       : /var/lib/rabbitmq
config file(s) : (none)
cookie hash    : fHvpRXzyPQzgh7d2ZgynpA==
log            : /var/log/rabbitmq/rabbit at dm-essearchd101.log
sasl log       : /var/log/rabbitmq/rabbit at dm-essearchd101-sasl.log
database dir   : /var/lib/rabbitmq/mnesia/rabbit at dm-essearchd101
erlang version : 5.8.1

starting file handle cache server                                     ...done
starting worker pool                                                  ...done
starting database                                                     ...done
starting codec correctness check                                      ...done
-- external infrastructure ready
starting plugin registry                                              ...done
starting auth mechanism cr-demo                                       ...done
starting auth mechanism amqplain                                      ...done
starting auth mechanism plain                                         ...done
starting statistics event manager                                     ...done
starting logging server                                               ...done
starting exchange type direct                                         ...done
starting exchange type fanout                                         ...done
starting exchange type headers                                        ...done
starting exchange type topic                                          ...done
-- kernel ready
starting alarm handler                                                ...done
starting node monitor                                                 ...done
starting cluster delegate                                             ...done
starting guid generator                                               ...done
starting memory monitor                                               ...done
-- core initialized
starting empty DB check                                               ...done
starting exchange recovery                                            ...done
starting queue supervisor and queue recovery                          ...done
-- message delivery logic ready
starting error log relay                                              ...done
starting networking                                                   ...done
starting direct_client                                                ...done

broker running