[rabbitmq-discuss] rabbitmqadmin fails when trying to get message from a queue

asafdav asaf at binkfs.com
Mon Dec 26 11:24:43 GMT 2011

Hi guys, I'm using rabbitmqadmin for unit testing purpose. The scripts
fails when I try to fetch messages from queue.
For example, the following command:
rabbitmqadmin get queue=test requeue=false

returns this error message
*** {u'key_missing': u'encoding'}

In case encoding parameter is provided, for example "rabbitmqadmin get
queue=test requeue=false encoding=base64" the script returns this
message: ERROR: Argument "encoding" not recognised.

I've figured out how to solve this problem, but I don't now where
should I post the patch.
All you have to do is to add encoding as encoding as manadatory
parameter for rabbitmqadmin get command.
I've change line 90
    'get':     {'mandatory': ['queue'],
    'get':     {'mandatory': ['queue', 'encoding'],


More information about the rabbitmq-discuss mailing list