[rabbitmq-discuss] "How do I...?"

Tony Garnock-Jones tonygarnockjones+rabbitmq at gmail.com
Wed Dec 21 18:30:13 GMT 2011

Hi all,

What questions should go on a "How do I ... with RabbitMQ?" page on the
Rabbit website?

I'm imagining both basic low-level how-tos as well as higher-level best
practices for achieving a certain result. Essentially describing a few use
cases for messaging in general.

I can think of a few examples to kick things off:

   - How do I prioritize delivery of some messages over others with
   RabbitMQ? (A: Take Doug Barth's
approach<http://dougbarth.github.com/2011/07/01/approximating-priority-with-rabbitmq.html>,
   or some variation of it)
   - How do I queue up tasks for later processing with RabbitMQ? (A: Use
   celery perhaps? Plenty of approaches to roll-your-own too)
   - How do I send email from a RabbitMQ queue?
   - How do I receive messages from HTTP POSTs into a RabbitMQ exchange?
   - How do I push messages to the browser using RabbitMQ?
   - How do I connect to RabbitMQ from iOS devices?

The "Going Further" section of the existing how.html
page<http://www.rabbitmq.com/how.html>has some good things on it. I'm
sure some of the other links on that page
could be presented in more general "How do I...?" terms, too. What else am
I missing?

Cheers,
  Tony

--