[rabbitmq-discuss] rabbitmq-server crashes hard while consuming 31GB of RAM

Muharem Hrnjadovic mh at foldr3.com
Wed Dec 21 12:42:10 GMT 2011

On 12/21/2011 12:49 PM, Alexis Richardson wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 21, 2011 at 11:44 AM, Matthias Radestock
> <matthias at rabbitmq.com> wrote:
>>
>> I was wrong. You have more than 47,000 connections! And the same number of
>> channels (unsurprisingly). But you "only" have about 16,000 queues.
>>
>> Congratulations. This is by far the fattest rabbit I've ever seen (except
>> those stuffed full of messages).
>
> I've seen Rabbits with 100,000s of queues per broker, in social
> network / social gaming cases...
>
> There's also the 'cloud management' case but they tend to have more
> brokers and fewer queues / broker.
Alexis,

I believe we have a fault in the task function that is run by celery
(i.e. in our code) with the effect that a *new* rabbitmq connection is
opened upon every invocation while the already utilised ones cannot be
"garbage collected" for some reason.

We should never have that many open connections. Looking into this..

Best regards/Mit freundlichen Grüßen

--
Muharem Hrnjadovic <mh at foldr3.com>
Public key id   : B2BBFCFC