[rabbitmq-discuss] Reliable "publishing"

Matthias Radestock matthias at rabbitmq.com
Tue Dec 20 23:31:08 GMT 2011

Simone,

On 20/12/11 23:24, Simone Busoli wrote:
> Ok, that is probably the bit I was missing, I will check it out. Thanks
> for pointing that out and thanks for your help.

I have just quickly checked the shovel and it does indeed do what I
said. See
http://hg.rabbitmq.com/rabbitmq-shovel/file/default/src/rabbit_shovel_worker.erl,
in particular:
- the worker links the upstream and downstream connection processes to
itself
- the worker traps exits
- when getting an exit signal from either connection process it terminates
- on termination it closes all connection processes

...after which the supervisor logic will kick in and eventually restart
the worker.

Matthias.