[rabbitmq-discuss] Enable durables queues

Emile Joubert emile at rabbitmq.com
Fri Dec 16 16:53:07 GMT 2011

Hi Eric,

On 16/12/11 16:14, irineo villanovaorts wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I would like to know how can I enable durable queues as default on
> rabbitmq version 1.7.2.

That's a very old version. You should upgrade.

> I have a running HA rabbitmq set it up with heartbeat,pacemaker and drbd
> but when heartbeat fails, the client lose the queues and it need to be
> restarted. So I guess if I could enable those queues I will get my
> problem solved.

You can declare queues as durable using the "durable" parameter in the
QueueDeclare() method. Also see

http://www.rabbitmq.com/amqp-0-9-1-reference.html#queue.declare.durable

http://www.rabbitmq.com/releases/rabbitmq-java-client/v1.7.2/rabbitmq-java-client-javadoc-1.7.2/com/rabbitmq/client/impl/AMQImpl.Queue.Declare.html#durable

-Emile