[rabbitmq-discuss] rabbitmq JAVA listeners or Tracer

Simon MacMullen simon at rabbitmq.com
Fri Dec 9 13:06:35 GMT 2011

On 09/12/11 12:25, Italo Dias wrote:
> 1 – Does rabbitmq JAVA has listeners to get information when a queue
> is created or “binded” in an exchange?

No.

We have wondered about the possibility of adding this to the broker
somehow - but whenever the subject comes up we look more closely at the
use case and determine that it won't work for whatever someone's trying
to do.

So, what are you trying to do?

> 2 – can I use rabbitmq Tracer for this?

Meh. Sort of, but remember that the tracer will report AMQP methods - so
if a client declares a queue the already exists, you'll hear about it.
If it declares a queue and fails, you'll hear about that too...

Cheers, Simon

--
Simon MacMullen
RabbitMQ, VMware