[rabbitmq-discuss] Cleaning up temp-queues in long-running processes

Toby Corkindale toby.corkindale at strategicdata.com.au
Wed Dec 7 00:10:12 GMT 2011

Hi,
If I use the /temp-queue/ methods to create temporary queues, I see that
they remain in existence until the process disconnects from the RMQ broker.

If you're using these for RPC on a long-running process, you soon have
huge numbers of queues on the broker.

Is there a way to remove them once you're done?

I tried UNSUBSCRIBE on them, but that didn't seem to work. (I don't have
a subscription id)

The problem is compounded by the bug with re-using the temp-queues.
Because you need to use a unique name each time, every RPC call has to
create a new temp queue, rather than being able to reuse the same call
for at least the same methods.

ta,
Toby