[rabbitmq-discuss] Message timeouts
tonygarnockjones+rabbitmq at gmail.com
Fri Dec 2 15:12:15 GMT 2011
This is where the "mandatory" feature comes in.
1. Declare your queue as durable.
2. Send your RPC requests with "mandatory" flag.
- if rabbitmq is down, the RPC client won't be able to connect. Clear.
- if rabbitmq is up, but the RPC server is down, and noone has created
the queue yet, then the request will be Basic.Return'd to you. Also clear.
- if rabbitmq is up, but the RPC server is down, and the queue was
previously created by somebody, then the request will be enqueued. As long
as the RPC server returns to service in a timely way, everyone's happy.
- if rabbitmq is up, and the RPC server is up, normal service ensues.
On 2 December 2011 09:21, Alex Grönholm <alex.gronholm at nextday.fi> wrote:
> That was the plan from the start, but I wanted to cover cases where
> something goes wrong (server starts with rabbitmq but not the rpc server)
> in which case the client would be stuck waiting forever.
> But I guess that dead lettering feature will fix that.
> rabbitmq-discuss mailing list
> rabbitmq-discuss at lists.rabbitmq.com
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the rabbitmq-discuss