[rabbitmq-discuss] Testing lightweight publisher confirms

Adam Rabung adamrabung at gmail.com
Thu Dec 1 14:25:19 GMT 2011

Hello,
I am trying to test an implementation that uses lightweight publisher
confirms, and I'm wondering how to create conditions for causing
handleNack on my ConfirmListener to be called.  Unrouted messages go
to the ReturnListener.  Killing the server pretty much immediately
kills the underlying Connection/Channel.  I think I am just lacking
creativity today: does anyone have advice on how to simulate server
hiccups?  Secondly, what are the most common causes of
ConfirmListener.handleNack being called, since server connectivity
problems seem to immediately kill the channel?

Thank you,
Adam