[rabbitmq-discuss] one queue - two consumers with prefetch 100

Valentin BERNARD vbernard42 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 1 12:47:26 GMT 2011

Hi,

RabbitMQ uses round-robin dispatching. You can get more information
here: http://www.rabbitmq.com/tutorials/tutorial-two-java.html

With your example, it would be: 1 to C1, 2 to C2, 3 to C1, 4 to C2,
etc. If one of the worker is busy, and the other one isn't, the
message will be delivered to the worker who isn't busy — which implies
that a worker may receive several messages in a row.

Cheers,

Valentin.