[rabbitmq-discuss] Debugging AD

Simon MacMullen simon at rabbitmq.com
Thu Dec 1 10:05:57 GMT 2011

On 30/11/11 18:40, Gavin M. Roy wrote:
> I've been meaning to ask on this subject: is there any level of caching
> of data received back from the LDAP server? I'd like to move to LDAP for
> our infrastructure but am worried about connection rates and throttling
> due to time spent making LDAP requests for the same
> connecting/disconnecting user.

There is caching within RabbitMQ itself, at the channel level. Any
channel will only check a given permission for a given object once.

There isn't any LDAP-specific caching. In fact at the moment we don't
even pool LDAP connections.

> Alternatively, does Rabbit check local auth prior to LDAP auth?

If you put rabbit_auth_backend_internal first in the list, yes.

Cheers, Simon

--
Simon MacMullen
RabbitMQ, VMware