[rabbitmq-discuss] Java client Channel.Close blocking indefinitely

Matthias Radestock matthias at rabbitmq.com
Wed Aug 31 16:42:30 BST 2011

Iain,

On 31/08/11 10:46, Iain Hull wrote:
> During one of my tests a call to Channel.Close blocked and never
> returned.
> [...]
> I am not sure if this is relevant but I noticed some information in the
> logs indicating that the memory high_watermark was hit around the time
> the test stopped.

When the high watermark is hit all connections on which a publish is
received get blocked. So no data will make it through from these
connections, and that includes Channel.Close.

The server should eventually recover from this, by paging messages to
disk or delivering them to consumers. Did that happen in your case, i.e.
did the logs show the alarm getting cleared?

Regards,

Matthias.