[rabbitmq-discuss] Troubleshooting Shovel 2.5.1 on Windows

Max Haventon Max.Haventon at westbahr.com
Tue Aug 30 23:04:23 BST 2011

I found an answer in one of the IRC log archives:

http://dev.rabbitmq.com/irclog/index.php?date=2011-05-27 (at time 15:33)

However, I did not manage to connect the Erlang prompt to the remote node (?) using erl.exe as described. What did work was:

c:\Program Files (x86)\erl5.8.4\erts-5.8.4\bin>werl -sname anything -remsh rabbit at hostname (note that the hostname must be *exactly* as it's listed by rabbitmqctl status, case matters. localhost did not work in my case)

Using the werl prompt, commands like rabbit:status(). And rabbit_shovel_status:status() work as intended.

Hope this helps someone else with this problem.