[rabbitmq-discuss] possible rabbitmq bug

Simon MacMullen simon at rabbitmq.com
Fri Aug 26 10:25:37 BST 2011

On 26/08/11 09:08, Chris Behrens wrote:
> I should also note the queue was declared
> exclusive=True, which means that once I've closed the channel that
> declared the queue, there's no possible way for anyone else to
> consume it anyway.  Right?  Closing the channel should delete this
> queue, should it not?

Unfortunately the "exclusive" flag in AMQP 0-9-1 makes the queue
exclusive to the *connection*, not the channel. This feels kinda weird
since almost everything else is scoped to channels, but it's in the spec
and therefore what we implement.

auto_delete is *solely* about deleting when the last consumer goes.

Cheers, Simon

--
Simon MacMullen
RabbitMQ, VMware