[rabbitmq-discuss] Consumer Callback

fangbot fangbot at gmail.com
Fri Aug 19 00:51:49 BST 2011

Thanks Matthias,

This makes sense. My goal now is to be able to send both persistent AND
non-persistent messages to a single consumer. In this case, I want to turn
auto-acknowledge off so I can acknowledge the messages after I process them,
in my code. However, I do not wish to send those acknowledgements if the
message I receive is a non-persistent message.

My questions are:

1. Does this implementation make sense? In other words, what if I just
acknowledged ALL messages, including non-persistent messages? Will
acknowledging non-persistent messages have a noticeable performance impact
on the throughput speeds?
2. With auto-ack turned on, will a persistent message get ack'ed upon
arrival to a queue, or when a QueueingConsumer calls nextDelivery()? In
other words, if I have a consumer binded to a queue, and a persistent
message gets sent to that queue but the QueueingConsumer does not call
nextDelivery(), and I shut down the server, will the message get persisted
to mnesia?

Thanks