[rabbitmq-discuss] RabbitMQ-c @ ARM Targets

David Wragg david at rabbitmq.com
Wed Aug 17 16:24:03 BST 2011

Hi Alex,

Alex P <oleksandr.petrov at gmail.com> writes:
> In case anyone's interested, rabbitmq-c compiled for ARM target quite
> fine, together with examples, it was a matter of configuring using
>
> ./configure --host=arm-linux
>
> So far works smoothly, examples do work.

I do test on arm-linux occasionally.

But while checking this today, I noticed that the code is relying on the
kernel to fix up unaligned accesses.  An embedded ARM platform might not
do that, and this is bad from a performance standpoint anyway.

And although it would rarely affect ARM, the code assumed a
little-endian platform.

I've committed a fix for both these things.  It's currently on a branch
(<http://hg.rabbitmq.com/rabbitmq-c/rev/8cfbdf1daf45> or
<https://github.com/rabbitmq/rabbitmq-c/tree/bug24349>.

David

--