[rabbitmq-discuss] Issues starting RabbitMQ 2.5.1 on Ubuntu 10.04

Marek Majkowski majek04 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 11 18:04:21 BST 2011

On Thu, Aug 11, 2011 at 17:10, TreforT <trefor at tetrabyte.com> wrote:
> if i run
>
> cat /var/log/rabbitmq/startup_err:
>
> Failed to create thread: Resource temporarily unavailable (11)

Here is your problem. Maybe you set up some restrictions in pam / limits.conf?

I also recall some issues with threading on hand-compiled erlang/otp inside
virtalized linux (I think it was ubuntu on ec2), but I can't recall
any details.

You mentioned that from /etc/init.d/rabbitmq-server it doesn't
work while from command line it does. Can you figure
out if it's using the same version of erlang in both cases?

Please take a look at ulimit -a, and see if it's gives sane values.

What os are you using, can you repeat the problem on a vanilla installation?

Cheers,
  Marek