[rabbitmq-discuss] java.io.IOException because of Parameters

Dave Syer david_syer at hotmail.com
Tue Aug 9 18:10:48 BST 2011

On Aug 8, 4:34 pm, "Brian ." <rutherford... at gmail.com> wrote:
> I get an error (pated below) when I try to configure spring integration with
> rabbitmq. It says "parameters for queue 'translate.queue' in vhost '/' not
> equivalent" is the reason.

The error message is a standard one from the broker telling you that
you have declared a queue with the same name twice but different
parameters (e.g. auto-delete).  If you declared all your queues using
Spring then it looks like you just changed the config between client
startups, and didn't reset the broker.  Or maybe someone else created
the queue for you and you need to sync up the parameters with them?
You can work around it by returning your config to the original
values, or simply deleting the queue and starting again.