[rabbitmq-discuss] facing issues with the SSL implementations with RabbitMQ + Windows + .Net

Abhijit abhijit.sinha at kiprosh.com
Mon Aug 8 15:09:19 BST 2011

Hi,

We had develop an application for the RabbitMQ both the publisher as
well as subscriber using the fanout exchange, which is working fine. But
now we want to implement the ssl with our publisher as well as
subscriber to provide traffic encryption. But haven't been able to
implement and getting it worked still, i have followed the steps as
provided in this link : _http://www.rabbitmq.com/ssl.html_. I have
created the certificates as instructed in this blog, also i have
implemented the code for .net as provided. I have not been able to find
out does my code refers to the rabbitmq.config file which i have created
as per the rabbitmq blog and placed it in the appdata/rabbitMQ as for
windows. But am not sure is this being referred,
the config file:
> [
>   {rabbit, [
>      {ssl_listeners, [5671]},
>      {ssl_options, [{cacertfile,"C:\testca/cacert.cer"},
>                     {certfile,"C:\server/cert.pem"},
>                     {keyfile,"C:\server/key.pem"},
>                     {verify,verify_peer},
>                     {fail_if_no_peer_cert,false}]}
>    ]}
> ]
we are using the rabbitMQ Service with the latest version of 2.5.1,
Erlang R14B02 and on .Net on Windows. Am i missing something or do we
need something extra for running on .net and windows.

Thanks and Regards,
Abhijit