[rabbitmq-discuss] Installation problems on Centos

David Wragg david at rabbitmq.com
Thu Aug 4 12:28:30 BST 2011

Hi Chris,

Chris Rode <chris.rode at headshift.com> writes:
> I have been trying to get RabbitMQ up and running on my Centos
> installation using the installation instuctions for RPM based Linux
> distro's here http://www.rabbitmq.com/server.html
>
> This all works fine until I try and install the RPM itself using rpm
> -ivh rabbitmq-server-2.5.1-1.noarch.rpm
>
> This results in the following error:
>
> warning: rabbitmq-server-2.5.1-1.noarch.rpm: Header V4 DSA signature: NOKEY, key ID 056e8e56
> error: Failed dependencies:
> 	erlang >= R12B-3 is needed by rabbitmq-server-2.5.1-1.noarch

You need to install the "erlang-R14B-02.1.el5" package, not just the
erlang sub-packages.  For compatbility reasons, our RPMs still depend on
"erlang", which only the erlang package satisfies.  After the erlang RPM
was broken out, the erlang package became simply a stub which pulls in
all the sub-packages.  But you still need to install it.

David

--
David Wragg
Staff Engineer, RabbitMQ