[rabbitmq-discuss] Recommended ways of basic queue introspection

Michael Klishin michael.s.klishin at gmail.com
Tue Aug 2 13:27:40 BST 2011

2011/8/1 Emile Joubert <emile at rabbitmq.com>

> The other possibility is to provide your own browsable queue
> implementation. This is not a trivial undertaking, but it is possible to
> slot in your own implementation and make it free from FIFO restrictions.

Would it be easier to implement queue event nofications ("messages was put
to the queue", "messages was confirmed")?

Also, if messages not stored in mnesia, how are they stored then? In our
case we don't really need a perfectly consistent snapshot
of what's in the queue, just something that is reasonably up to date and
won't result in message reordering (that's why basic.get with requeueing is
not an option).

RabbitMQ offers 95% of what we need, this is the last 5%. So please help me
a little with this :)
--
MK

http://github.com/michaelklishin