[rabbitmq-discuss] Recommended ways of basic queue introspection

Michael Klishin michael.s.klishin at gmail.com
Mon Aug 1 13:19:07 BST 2011

Hi,

I have a need of introspecting some queues (very basic form of querying:
list all messages in the queue) and draining with basic.get + requeuing is
not an option
for various reasons. Number of messages at any given time will always be low
(< 100).

Does RabbitMQ HTTP management API offer anything like this? If I am willing
to put together a small extension that will query Mnesia, are there any
caveats
or extension points or something I should be aware of? Finally, would it
make sense to try to extend HTTP API of the management plugin and contribute
back to it?

Thanks,
--
MK