[rabbitmq-discuss] How to recover publish message when server is shutdown or crash?

Eugene Kirpichov ekirpichov at gmail.com
Mon Aug 1 11:20:54 BST 2011

1 - you can't (except perhaps with the recent queue mirroring feature
which hasn't yet been released). However you can at least guarantee
that the message has been persisted - either by publishing it within a
transaction (once the transaction is committed, you're sure its
effects are permanent), or by using "publisher confirms"
http://www.rabbitmq.com/blog/2011/02/10/introducing-publisher-confirms/
.
2 - yes, it does effect the performance IIRC. I had a server slowed
down to a crawl and then crash when it had several thousand (mostly
unused) queues.

2011/8/1 sam_mis <sameek at arosys.com>:

> Hi
>

> I'm using Rabbitmq-server-windows-2.5.0.I have certain doubt:
>
> 1.if Rabbitmq server is shutdown or crash.How i'm able to recover my publish
> message from server.
> 2.if number of queue are created over server it effects the performance of
> server or it's logical(queue).if yes then the queue delete is necessary from
> server,after using queue.
>
> Thanks
>

> --

Eugene Kirpichov