[rabbitmq-discuss] Unable to start RabbitMQ on Ubuntu 8.10

Angelo Iacovella aiacovella at porticosys.com
Mon Apr 25 16:16:06 BST 2011

I've tried installing multiple versions or RabbitMQ - on 32 and 64 bit
Ubuntu distributions with no luck.

I keep getting this when attempting to start it from the script

{"init terminating in
do_boot",{undef,[{rabbit_prelaunch,start,[]},{init,start_it,1},{init,start_em,1}]}}
init terminating in do_boot ()

And attached Erlang dump file - which I can't make much sense of.  I've
set up my base and log home in the environment and it definitely has
write permissions to the entire rabbitmq home tree.  Not sure what else
to think - there are no other logs generated.

Join Portico Systems at AHIP’s Institute 2011, June 15-17 in San Franciscso, where the Road Map for Health Care Reform Continues. Visit www.ahip.org/conferences/Institute2011 for more information or to register.
Portico Systems recent accolades & upcoming events (www.porticosys.com)

• Follow us on Twitter @porticosys, LinkedIn and Facebook.
• Read our blog devoted to the Healthcare Payer Community and IPM: Portico Pulse http://blog.porticosys.com/.
• Best Places to Work in Philadelphia 2010 & 2009
• Ranked #97 on Healthcare Informatics 100 list

This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.