[rabbitmq-discuss] Clustering issue

Valentin Bernard vbernard42 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 8 09:33:15 BST 2011

Hi,

I have a question regarding clustering. If, for test reasons, I break
the physical link between two nodes (without stopping them), then
restore the link, the cluster is split and the nodes can't communicate
between each other until I either kill a node process and restart it,
or run the stop_app/cluster/start_app commands on one node with
rabbitmqctl.

Is that a normal behavior? I couldn't find any documentation or
discussion about this issue. Is there a way to make the nodes
automatically join the cluster back after a network failure?

Thank you.

Regards,

Valentin.