[rabbitmq-discuss] Alternate Exchanges: How to?

Simon MacMullen simon at rabbitmq.com
Mon Apr 4 13:19:19 BST 2011

On 04/04/11 13:08, Alfonso Pantoja wrote:
> I suppose exchanges are created on a single server but are "seen" by
> the rest of servers of the cluster

No, that's not the case. That's true for queues but not for exchanges.
Exchanges are effectively mirrored across all the servers in the cluster
- if one node goes down, all your exchanges will still be present. So
I'm not sure whether what you're trying to do is needed at all.

Or am I still misunderstanding what you're trying to do?

Cheers, Simon

--
Simon MacMullen
Staff Engineer, RabbitMQ