[rabbitmq-discuss] 2.4.0 channel and connection close behavior

Matthew Sackman matthew at rabbitmq.com
Fri Apr 1 14:09:36 BST 2011

On Fri, Apr 01, 2011 at 08:37:40AM -0400, Aaron Westendorf wrote:
> I attached it gzipped. The last 3 transactions occur after the client
> force-closes the connection; you'll see they occur after a 10 second
> delay.

The packets captured here seem incomplete, and there is no evidence that
the connection terminates (there's no TCP FIN). Further, I think you've
done something like "tcpdump -i $INTERFACE > logfile", which is not a
format that other tools (eg wireshark) can load. Could you repeat this
with "tcp -i $INTERFACE -w logfile" which can then be readily loaded by
other tools, and send the resulting capture file to us?

Many thanks,

Matthew