[rabbitmq-discuss] erl.exe crash

Simon MacMullen simon at rabbitmq.com
Thu Sep 30 12:27:11 BST 2010

On 30/09/10 11:47, Simon MacMullen wrote:
> On 30/09/10 01:20, Steven Taylor wrote:
>>
>> Hi Steven. Which version of RabbitMQ are you using? - that sounds
>> like a way 1.x might crash. Is there anything in the logs?
>>
>> The most recent one. Actually, the CPU was maxing out. It handled 500K
>> of messages okay, but somewhere between 500K and 1M it broke.
>
> Hmm. I really wouldn't expect that to happen with 2.x. I'll pop open a
> Windows VM and see if I can replicate it.

Hmm, I just used perftest.exe to put 1M messages through a 2.1.0 broker
in a 32bit Windows 7 VM with 1GB of memory. Took a while but it worked :)

So - are you using on older version of Erlang? That shouldn't influence
things but it's worth checking. Can you replicate this?

Cheers, Simon

--
Simon MacMullen
Staff Engineer, RabbitMQ