[rabbitmq-discuss] suggestions for failover

Shane shane at digitalsanctum.com
Wed Sep 29 16:13:35 BST 2010

Am I correct in that anything connected to the broker needs to
reconnect (via new hostname) after the failover takes place? So the
sequence needs to be something like the following:

Producers, Consumers connected to Broker 1
Failover occurs: Broker 1 goes down, Broker 2 comes up
Producers, Consumers reconnect to Broker 2

In general, it would be nice to have documentation that outlines what
needs to occur in a failover scenario as opposed to outlining steps of
a specific implementation (the Pacemaker guide).

Thanks,
Shane