[rabbitmq-discuss] channel.flow in pyampqlib (was: Re: Erlang has closed?)

Matthias Radestock matthias at rabbitmq.com
Tue Sep 28 18:19:06 BST 2010

Brian,

On 28/09/10 16:42, Brian_Fox wrote:
> Matthew Sackman wrote:
>> Also, pyamqplib does not support channel.flow. [...]
>
> Has this rabbitmq + pyamqplib problem ever been resolved?

As others have pointed out, pika may be an option. HOWEVER, since the
2.0.0 release rabbit is using tcp backpressure to throttle producers,
which should work with *any* client regardless of whether they support
channel.flow. See the docs at http://www.rabbitmq.com/extensions.html#memsup

> Our group is experimenting with bringing up a massive amount of AMQP clients
> using EC2.  And we're running into the same error described above,
> presumably slamming memory on the broker.

What version of rabbitmq are you running? And exactly what problem are
you seeing?

Regards,

Matthias.