[rabbitmq-discuss] number of Erlang processes being used?

Mario Menti mmenti at gmail.com
Fri Sep 24 12:07:13 BST 2010

Apologies if this is a bit of a n00b question, but I haven't found the
answer anywhere else:

Is there a way to see the number of lightweight Erlang processes
currently in use by rabbitmq? We regularly run out of them, even with a
higher-than-default number being specified (65535), and while I realise
that there may be an underlying issue, it would still be very useful to
monitor the usage.

Secondly, are there any guidlines re. the maximum recommended number of
Erlang processes we should/could specify for a given machine spec (we're
running on a RHEL server with 24GB RAM).

Note we're still running 1.7.2, not moved to 2.x yet.

Cheers,
Mario.