[rabbitmq-discuss] Thoughts from a new user

David Wragg david at rabbitmq.com
Mon Sep 20 10:21:20 BST 2010

Alister Morton <Alister.Morton at tradition.com> writes:
> I don't know about others, but I find the flat format of these mail to
> web interfaces really stone age compared to the proper threaded
> interfaces available (newsgroups can definitely be properly
> threaded). Compared with something like cix or even howwl unthreaded
> interfaces are primitive and don't make following conversations
> particularly easy.

In Google Groups defence, it does have a passable threaded view.  But
you have to click on "View All" (and then sometimes fiddle with the view
options?) to get to it.

(The threaded view is one of the few remaining hints of Google Group's
origins as the Deja News web-based usenet service.  But those origins
get further obscured with every revamp.)

David

--
David Wragg
Staff Engineer, RabbitMQ