[rabbitmq-discuss] Delay delivering messages

Michael Burns michaelburns1 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 3 11:38:09 BST 2010

Hi Alex,
I ran the multicast client and am getting speeds like:

sending rate: 3550 msg/s, basic returns: 0 ret/s
recving rate: 3461 msg/s, min/avg/max latency: 11931197/12253891/12477030
microseconds

If I let it run for a bit then sometimes both the sending and receiving rate
drop significantly e.g.:

sending rate: 638 msg/s, basic returns: 0 ret/s
recving rate: 628 msg/s, min/avg/max latency: 11788406/12363242/12735553
microseconds

Not sure if this drop is indicative of anything?

We're using the java client 1.8.1, the broker is rabbitmq_server-1.8.1

Thanks
Michael