[rabbitmq-discuss] C client now does AMQP 0-9-1 on default

David Wragg david at rabbitmq.com
Fri Sep 3 10:37:53 BST 2010

For those who use the rabbitmq-c C client (a.k.a librabbitmq):

I just merged our branch that switches this client to use the AMQP 0-9-1
protocol into "default".  This means that if you now build from
"default", you'll get a client that will only work with
rabbitmq-server-2.0.0 (and later releases).

For the convenience of anyone who wants to continue to use the client
with earlier releases of the server, I have created an "amqp_0_8" branch
in the rabbitmq-c mercurial repository.  But it's unlikely that there
will be much activity on that branch, if any; the focus of our efforts
will be on the 0-9-1-based client.

David

--
David Wragg