[rabbitmq-discuss] Not Able to keep messages persistent

David Wragg david at rabbitmq.com
Fri Sep 3 09:04:12 BST 2010

Hi Abhishek,

Abhishek Kona <abhishek.kona at gmail.com> writes:
> When I am using Transaction Commit, the messages are persisted but
> without the transaction commits, the messages are not persistent.
>
> I am guessing the issue is the messages are not persisted as soon as
> they are received. But at some time later on by the RabbitMQ.
> Is this the issue.

If you put an AMQP channel into transactional mode, and you don't commit
the transaction, then it's as if the messages were never published.  Not
only will the messages not be persisted, but the messages won't even go
into the message queues until you commit the transaction.

Is this consistent with what you are seeing?  If not, could you provide
a full test program to demonstrate you problem?

David

--
David Wragg
Staff Engineer, RabbitMQ