[rabbitmq-discuss] erlang client blowing chunks

Matthias Radestock matthias at rabbitmq.com
Wed Sep 1 15:21:56 BST 2010

Jon,

On 01/09/10 15:06, Jon Brisbin wrote:
> I'm still getting the error.
>
> I hope I'm doing this right. I did a fresh checkout of that tag:
>
> hg clone -u rabbitmq_v2_0_0 http://hg.rabbitmq.com/rabbitmq-server hg
> clone -u rabbitmq_v2_0_0
> http://hg.rabbitmq.com/rabbitmq-erlang-client

did you update the codegen too?

> Build was okay.

Do you have a complete transcript starting with the fresh checkout and
culminating with the error below?

> Had to copy the actual source files rather than the .ez files because
> rebar doesn't handle .ez files

As I said before, the error is a clear indication that the erlang client
is picking up the wrong version of the sever code. Or no code at all.
Since I am not familiar with your build process I can only make some
generic suggestions:

1) track down all .ez files and nuke them
2) track down all .beam files and nuke them
3) track down all rabbit_writer.erl files and check that they export
start_link/4 (not 3 or 5)
4) rebuild and run your test

Regards,

Matthias.