[rabbitmq-discuss] Open-Ok no longer populating known_hosts

Matthias Radestock matthias at rabbitmq.com
Wed Sep 1 13:55:18 BST 2010

Sigurd,

On 01/09/10 13:22, Sigurd Høgsbro wrote:
> Fair point on the information leakage, but I'm not sure why you're
> concerned about the server hostname being exposed as it used to be
> exposed until recently.

We all learn from our mistakes ;)

> We could also use a name/token specified in the server configuration
> file if you prefer not to expose DNS names.

Now *there* is an idea. Being able to extend/augment the
server_properties as part of the server configuration, much like our
client APIs allow you to do with the client properties. See, e.g.
http://www.rabbitmq.com/releases/rabbitmq-java-client/v2.0.0/rabbitmq-java-client-javadoc-2.0.0/com/rabbitmq/client/ConnectionFactory.html#setClientProperties(java.util.Map)

I have filed a bug for that.

Regards,

Matthias.