[rabbitmq-discuss] erlang client blowing chunks

Jon Brisbin jon at jbrisbin.com
Wed Sep 1 13:00:38 BST 2010

On Aug 31, 2010, at 10:27 PM, Matthias Radestock wrote:

> Jon,
>
> Jon Brisbin wrote:
>> Can I just put the .ez that make builds into deps/ and have it picked up by rebar?
>
> It would be two .ez files - rabbit_common.ez, which contains the portions of the code shared with the server, and amqp_client.ez, which is the actual Erlang client.

As an aside: does the rabbit_common module contain the worker pool?

>> I was under the impression I had to have the source but that  seems
>> like overkill to me.
>
> If rebar can't handle "binary" dependencies then rebar needs improving :)

rebar could use some improving one way or another. :) It's a pretty good tool but it has some significant shortcomings, particularly in generating/updating an OTP application (creating the .boot and startup script, etc...). I wish there was something more like maven or ant for erlang.

Thanks!

J. Brisbin
http://jbrisbin.com/