[rabbitmq-discuss] Ubuntu Issues

David Wragg david at rabbitmq.com
Wed Sep 1 11:56:00 BST 2010

Hi Abhishek,

Abhishek Kona <abhishek.kona at gmail.com> writes:
> First, RabbitMQ is using the default settings for the Mnesia database
> as well as for the Logs. Even though I have set the environment
> variables for the same.
>
> export RABBITMQ_MNESIA_BASE=/rabbit/mnesia
> export RABBITMQ_LOG_BASE=/rabbit/log

How are you starting rabbit when you do this?

> Second, when I updated RabbitMQ using apt it downloaded the latest
> version or RabbitMQ but when I stopped and started the server it was
> still running 1.7.2
>
> What can I be doing wrong here?

When you say that apt downloaded that latest version, which version was
that?  The latest version in ubuntu is still in fact 1.7.2, due to their
release cycles.  If you want to install the actual latest version using
apt, you'll need to follow the instructions at
<http://www.rabbitmq.com/debian.html>.

David

--
David Wragg