[rabbitmq-discuss] Scaling

Reefee sherifahmed at hotmail.com
Fri Oct 29 10:51:23 BST 2010

I have a Java Servlet that listens to external messages delivered via HTTP
POST.
I am using the rabbitmq. Java SDK
The servlet then processess them and stores them on to a RabbitMQ queue.

In order to offer best performance and scalability what is the reccomended
usage of Connections and channels ?
i.e. Have a single connection that gets re-used accross all requests and
with each message being posted to the queue by its own channel instance (as
it seems Channels being used by multiple threads is not a good idea).

Or should I create a seperate Connection for each request ?