[rabbitmq-discuss] Problem starting RabbitMQ 2.1.1

Matthias Radestock matthias at rabbitmq.com
Tue Oct 26 16:02:42 BST 2010

Rauan,

Rauan Maemirov wrote:
> # rabbitmqctl status
> Status of node rabbit at smotrelka ...
> Error: unable to connect to node rabbit at smotrelka: nodedown
> diagnostics:
> - nodes and their ports on smotrelka: [{rabbit,33213},
>                                        {rabbitmqctl13935,47497}]

That shows that there is a rabbit running. Unless it died w/o epmd
noticing, which is not something I've see before.

To find out the process, use 'lsof' and look for the port number of the
rabbit node (33213 in this case), e.g.

   lsof -n -iTCP | grep 33213

NB: you may have to be root to do this, otherwise not all processes may
show up.

Regards,

Matthias.