[rabbitmq-discuss] spring-amqp

Dave Syer david_syer at hotmail.com
Tue Oct 26 14:57:22 BST 2010

rjwirth wrote:

> I am playing with QoS, Retry, transacted mode vs. ack/reject etc, and the
> first thing I wanted to try is the onMessage() fail case to rollback and
> let another consumer take the message.  If I use auto-ack and, the message
> seems to remain on the broker.

We haven't implemented rollback in the asynch case yet in Spring AMQP (sync
works but it's less useful) - it's on the list of things to do for M2.  The
intention really is that for basic use cases like this you shouldn't care
which version of the low-level Rabbit client you are using.  You shouldn't
need to know how or when to call basicRecover() because the listener
container will do it for you.