[rabbitmq-discuss] Pushing many chunks of messages...

David Wragg david at rabbitmq.com
Sat Oct 23 12:38:30 BST 2010

gparaskevas80 <georgios.paraskevas at excelian.com> writes:
> I understand the asynchronous nature of AMPQ, but I was wondering that in
> the case that you want to send lots of messages which have to be ordered.
> Surely in that case being able to send lots of messages at one go would
> provide an advantage... Of course if my logic is flawed I do apologise
> :)

You can publish many message asynchronously, and they will remain
ordered - as long as you do it on a single channel and obey the other
constraints AMQP imposes for message ordering.

I'll turn the question around: Where do you expect the efficiency gains
(or other advantages) to come from if there was a batch publish
operation?

David

--
David Wragg