[rabbitmq-discuss] 2.1.1: no such file or directory crypto.app message prevents broker from starting

Shane shane at digitalsanctum.com
Wed Oct 20 16:26:30 BST 2010

A fresh install of 2.1.1 and the management plugin on Linux with
Erlang R14A prevents the broker from starting and has the following
output:

Activating RabbitMQ plugins ...
ERROR: failed to load application crypto:
{"no such file or directory","crypto.app"}

If I try without the management plugin, the broker starts but still
has the following output:

Activating RabbitMQ plugins ...
*WARNING* Undefined function crypto:des3_cbc_decrypt/5
*WARNING* Undefined function crypto:start/0
*WARNING* Undefined function ssl:close/1
*WARNING* Undefined function ssl:controlling_process/2
*WARNING* Undefined function ssl:peercert/1
*WARNING* Undefined function ssl:peername/1
*WARNING* Undefined function ssl:recv/3
*WARNING* Undefined function ssl:send/2
*WARNING* Undefined function ssl:sockname/1
*WARNING* Undefined function ssl:ssl_accept/3
0 plugins activated:

What do I need to do in order to get the management plugin working?