[rabbitmq-discuss] plugin warnings on startup for 2.1.1

Alexandru Scvorţov alexandru at rabbitmq.com
Tue Oct 19 23:04:16 BST 2010

Hi,

> I just installed 2.1.1 with the management plugin and I'm getting the
> following warnings:
>
> Activating RabbitMQ plugins ...
> *WARNING* Undefined function fdsrv:bind_socket/2
> *WARNING* Undefined function fdsrv:start/0
> *WARNING* Undefined function fdsrv:stop/0
> *WARNING* Undefined function webmachine_resource:start_link/2
> 5 plugins activated:
> * amqp_client-2.1.1
> * mochiweb-1.3
> * rabbit_management-2.1.1
> * rabbit_mochiweb-2.1.1
> * webmachine-1.7.0

Those warnings are normal.  Mochiweb uses some functions in some modules
we don't distribute.  One of our startup checks catches this and
complains.  Since we never actually use those functions, it shouldn't be
a problem.

> The broker can process messages but I'm not getting any message rates
> numbers on the management overview page.

Works on Linux, kind of.

If I start the broker, look at the management Overview page, I see
"Currently Idle" under message rates.  If I startup MulticastMain to
generate some traffic, that text disappears.  If I then collapse the
Message Rates section and expand it, I get the message rates.  All of
this is using Chromium and Firefox.

Could you check if this is what's happening in your case?

Also, what browser are you using?

Cheers,
Alex