[rabbitmq-discuss] Management plugin changelog 2.1.0 -> 2.1.1

Simon MacMullen simon at rabbitmq.com
Tue Oct 19 18:33:20 BST 2010

The management plugin has received quite a bit of attention between
2.1.0 and 2.1.1. Since we don't normally provide changelogs for
plugins as part of the main RabbitMQ changelog, I thought it'd be good
to provide an independent one here. I'm not guaranteeing to do this
again; not least because I doubt the management plugin will see such
intensive development in future; the last month or so has been quite
busy...

The headline features include many bug fixes and UI improvements,
import and export of the server configuration, ability for
non-administrators to use the web UI, and an experimental command
line tool. I would strongly recommend you upgrade if you can; the number
of bugfixes alone should be worth it...

If you want to try the command line tool browse to
http://<server_name>:55672/cli/. You will need Python installed. And
please bear in mind it's experimental :)

Detailed changes are below:

enhancements
  - Import / export broker configuration to text file
  - Aliveness test for HTTP monitoring tools
  - Support arguments in exchange / queue / binding declare
  - Optimize file descriptor counting on Linux
  - Truncate very long lists in the web UI
  - Automatically refresh lists / statistics in web UI
  - Make the web UI usable for non-administrators
  - Allow queues to be purged
  - Support 'client_flow' channel info item
  - Filter listing pages by virtual host
  - Sort listings sensibly by default. Allow the user to choose other
    orderings.
  - Support exchange-to-exchange bindings
  - List the channels within a connection
  - Provide an experimental command line tool
  - All sorts of visual and usability tweaks :)

bug fixes
  - Fix use of non-ASCII characters in names.
  - Fix the bug throwing {function_clause,[{proplists,get_value,[rate,...
    when new connections appear.
  - Correctly show arguments in web UI
  - Fix queue length showing as "?" after broker restart
  - Fix the web UI to work with MSIE 6.0+
  - Fix failure on startup when memory monitor disabled
  - Much more automated test coverage

Cheers, Simon
--
Simon MacMullen