[rabbitmq-discuss] Failure on Installing management plugins

Abhishek Kona abhishek.kona at gmail.com
Tue Oct 19 07:28:53 BST 2010

  On 18/10/10 6:10 PM, Abhishek Kona wrote:
>  On 18/10/10 5:51 PM, Simon MacMullen wrote:
>> On 18/10/10 13:10, Abhishek Kona wrote:
>>> I am able to run the management plugin on my laptop which is a mac.
>>> I think this is an issue with user privileges. Can some one throw some
>>> more light on it?
>>
>> You need to install the erlang-inets package.
>>
>> Future versions of the rabbitmq-server deb will do this automatically
>> in case you install the plugin.
>>
>> Cheers, Simon
> Thanks for the quick reply. Works like a charm now
>
> -Abhishek Kona
> Software Engineer, Platform
> Flipkart.com
Continuing on the same not when I install the management plugin on a
Debian machine Rabbit Fails to start with the following error

Starting all nodes...
Starting node rabbit at cms3...
Activating RabbitMQ plugins ...
5 plugins activated:
* amqp_client-2.1.0
* mochiweb-1.3
* rabbit_management-2.1.0
* rabbit_mochiweb-2.1.0
* webmachine-1.7.0

{"Kernel pid
terminated",application_controller,"{application_start_failure,rabbit_mochiweb,{shutdown,{rabbit_mochiweb_app,start,[normal,[]]}}}"}

Any thoughts on this?

-Abhishek Kona
Flipkart.com