[rabbitmq-discuss] Durable exclusive queues

Alexandru Scvorţov alexandru at rabbitmq.com
Mon Oct 11 19:00:54 BST 2010

Hi Brennan,

I don't think exclusive queues are quite what you expect them to be.
An exclusive queue can only be accessed by the channel that created it.
A durable queue is one that survives a broker restart.  Since the
connection and channel will be closed on a broker restart, a durable
exclusive queue would become completely unaccessible.

What you probably want is exclusive consumers.  If a consumer sets the
exclusive bit in the basic.consume method, only that consumer is
allowed to consume from the queue.  Using this, you can ensure that only
one consumer consumes from any queue at any time.

I'm not familiar with txAMQP, but have a look at basic.consume.  There
should (fingers crossed) be an 'exclusive' parameter.

Cheers,
Alex