[rabbitmq-discuss] Uncaught exception 'AMQPConnectionException' with message 'Parameter 'host' exceeds 32 characters limit

Pieter de Zwart pdezwart at rubiconproject.com
Fri Oct 8 05:11:10 BST 2010

Hey Bryan,

What version are you using of the AMQP extension and Rabbit? I am patching
the newest version I am working on, but I want to backport it to whatever
you are using as well.

Thanks,
Pieter

On 9/28/10 6:56 AM, "Bryan Murphy" <bmurphy1976 at gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm trying to use php pecl amqp to set up some monitoring scripts.  When I
> create a connection using a valid DNS name, I get the following exception:
>
> PHP Fatal error:  Uncaught exception 'AMQPConnectionException' with message
> 'Parameter 'host' exceeds 32 characters limit.'
>
> Seems way too restrictive to me.
>
> Thanks,
> Bryan

the rubicon project

PIETER DE ZWART | LEAD, INTERFACES TEAM
€€€ P 310 207 0272 | x224
€€€ C 408 666 4443
€€€ F 323 466 7119

1925 S. BUNDY  DRIVE
LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA 90025

WWW.RUBICONPROJECT.COM <http://www.rubiconproject.com/>

³COMPANY OF THE YEAR² ALWAYSON ONMEDIA 2009
#24 ON FAST COMPANY FAST 50 READER FAVORITES
2008  ALWAYSON 250 GLOBAL WINNER
2008 ALWAYSON ONMEDIA 100 WINNER
TWIISTUP3  BEST IN SHOW
PRICEWATERHOUSECOOPERS ­ ENTRETECH  BEST STARTUP
AMERICAN BUSINESS AWARDS - STEVIES  Œ08 FINALIST BEST NEW COMPANY
AMERICAN BUSINESS  AWARDS - STEVIES Œ08 FINALIST MOST INNOVATIVE COMPANY
AMERICAN BUSINESS  AWARDS - STEVIES Œ08 FINALIST NEW PRODUCT OR SERVICE -
SERVICES

P          Please consider the environment before printing this e-mail